Thursday, March 15, 2012

Keeping Schedules: Grudging half-compliance or thankful submission?

Ugh, schedules! I hate them, and I can't keep them either. Never could, never will. Maybe I can't keep them because I hate them. But really, what's so bad about a schedule? What better way to coordinate several people living or working together in harmony? A schedule is like a traffic light; it makes things run more smoothly and prevents collisions and serious misunderstandings between people. While I do feel "liberated" when I disregard my schedule, the bad effects usually reverberate throughout my day and my relationships.

With the help of God, I want to have a change of attitude toward schedules. I want to respect and be thankful for them, not grudgingly half-comply and then get angry that I had to obey something. Why can't I wake up in the morning and be thankful that it's time to get up? Calmly stop working on that project in time for supper, instead of just plowing ahead until some unreasonable hour (and then getting mad because I've been "overworked")?

I'd love to be that kind of person. Wouldn't you?


No comments:

Post a Comment