Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Publishing acceptance leads to excitement, worry

It's been almost a week since my publisher called and said he'd like to publish my book. No more rewriting! I was ecstatic... until worry set in. It always does. When unexpected or scary things happen, I automatically stay up late and wake up early so I can mull over all the "what if's." Not that worrying helps anything; on the contrary, it casts a great deal of confusion over everything just when I most need to make good decisions.

After losing sleep and declaring myself a professional worrier, I think I'm finally getting used to the idea of getting published. I think it's going to be fun. I'm not even sure what had me so terribly worried. Although, come to think of it, I have no idea what I'm going to do with myself next winter. Further editing of this book will be out of the question by then. It's definitely time I started worrying about that.

Or perhaps it's time I learn better ways of dealing with the unknown. As it says in the Scriptures, "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God." Philippians 4:6 Sounds like a much better option to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment